Monday, January 10, 2011

~*Down Where It's Wetter*~

It's hard to believe it's only been one week since we arrived back on the island! This weekend was full of fun and underwater adventure! We managed to do two dives! Each time, diving gets better and better:). Saba is such a beautiful place to dive... I am so glad we are taking advantage of this opportunity to explore the diving world....Luckily, Santa brought one of our friends a waterproof camera case, so I can share some of the underwater beauty with you! 

Our first dive was Saturday afternoon. I was a little nervous because this was my first dive as a certified diver. I was unsure of how much more freedom/ responsibility we would get. But the Sea Saba crew was experienced and very aware that most of us were fairly inexperienced divers. We dove at the dive site called Babylon. This was a new dive site for me and we went down to a staggering 100ft! 

On the left: That's Me (Angela) Descending on the line

Scuba Nathan and Angela

Pretty Coral




Fishy


More Coral and Fish!

Scuba Nathan

Trumpet Fish

Tarpon, They like to hang out!

Our second dive was a... Night Dive! 
This felt EXTREME to say the least. The dive boat left the dock just before sunset so we could get our gear in order with some day light. We dove at the dive sight called Tent Reef (it is the closest site to the docks). We got into the water just as the sun set! We each had a flashlight... Needless to say it was dark and visibility was limited to where the flashlight shone! This provided a whole other element of spookiness. Although I enjoy diving, one of my biggest challenge is getting used to underwater communication. During the day you can use hand signals, however, at night this is even more limited... But I can't wait to try it again:)

Night Life at Tent Reef

Poor little fish, hiding from our flash lights
 We were strongly encouraged not to assist the 'food chain' by keeping our lights shining on the same fish for too long! You never know who could be watching!



2 comments:

  1. Wow, I SO wish we went. I can't believe you guys went on a night dive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's kinda crazy.. Next time you HAVE to come:)

    ReplyDelete