Thursday, August 12, 2010

My island in the Sun: Day One

I have never had such a delightful travelling experience.

 The whole way from Halifax to St. Marten was a delight. I met some really amazing people, who gave lots of advice on island life and understood the perfect amount of in flight talking. 

On arrival in St. Marten I met new neighbors/friends which was delightful. The next flight, was the smallest plane I ever saw, reminded me on a dinky toy. Despite this I was strangely at ease. (Ok so when it started it did sound like a lawn mower). However, the flight itself was nothing but picturesque, extremely smooth! 

Saba is unique.
I think I am going to like it here. 

Our apartment, is from what I've seen so far a nice place and will suit our basic needs. The people I have met so far are really nice. The view is to die for and the pool has a light in it, so we tried it out last night and it's perfect! Happy to say that the critters of the island have taken it easy on me, as they let me enjoy and adjust my first night without them, so that was nice. 

I am going to get to work unpacking, cleaning, exploring. I am really happy with the experience so far and think Nathan and i will be really happy in our new world together:)



No comments:

Post a Comment