Monday, July 11, 2011

Where's the Beach?

Saba IS a Caribbean island
But its NOT exactly known for it's beaches.

In fact, it only has one wondering beach.
Wondering meaning 
it is sometimes here and most of the time not...
(Although if you remember Nathan and I were lucky to enjoy it for one day in December.)

Beach-less............. that is............ until now!


They have finally made a beach at "The Cove"
White sand (imported from St. Martin) and everything!!! 

I say finally because local people tell me this has been 
"in the works" for a while.
It is almost contagious how excited the community is 
about this new development:) 



After Nathan's exam today 
we celebrated with many of his classmates:
lunch out at Saba Snack and 
our first official Saba Beach day!


In a short time, it has become quite the popular watering hole!
And yes. That dog is collecting rocks. Too cute.


Take One: Nathan "smoking" a seashell
Take Two: Nathan being Normal-ish


Great day!
It really felt good to feel the sand between my toes on Saba!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! Wish I could have been there with you guys today!

    ReplyDelete