Monday, May 14, 2012

Good times in the Maritimes: Part 2



As per my request
Before I leave my home and native land
I wanted to go on a hike with my brothers.
So Saturday Craig, Chris, Avery, Austin, and I 
hiked Cape Split.

Cape split is a beautiful 16km hike 
featuring the NS hardwood forest 
and scenic views of the Bay of Fundy.

Angela, Chris, Avery, Austin
Our hike begins.
Angela & Riley

Avery & Riley 
The cute couple: Chris & Avery

Although the leaves are just starting on the trees
the mayflowers were out in full bloom
and I got a little obsessed with them.


Craig & Angela


We tried several times to take a nice group shot.
The ridiculous dog did not like all his humans in a tree 
So he joined us too!


The Girls: Avery & Angela
The Boys: Austin, Chris, Craig
Siblings! 
Siblings!

we made it*


The Cape
The Split


The group
Super Dog!
Our little Riley Dog was such a trooper! 




Oh so Nova Scotia...
It was a great way to spend my last Saturday in Nova Scotia.
As of today, I am officially un-employed.
It feels a little crazy!
But I am trying not to panic and focus on preparing for my road trip
in T-2days!




2 comments:

  1. Once again, thanks for sharing. Looks like a good hike for the "Travel Club" Do you think we would make it!! Love the pictures of all of you and Riley looks so happy. But I must say I am a bit of a Mayflower finatic, myself, and have picked Mayflowers since I was a little girl, and have never seen sooooo many flowers together in one spot before!! Just beautiful!! Although we will miss you, I know you will have many wonderful adventures in Kansas. The adventures just don't happen on their own, Ang, you chart the course and you are doing an amazing job!! So proud of you and Nathan and all that you have done. Keep sharing and all the very best to you and your husband in Kansas.
    Love Trudy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Trudy! You are so sweet! The travel club could definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete