Monday, August 6, 2012

Art's and Entertainment in Kansas city

Wow! for one thing
I cannot believe another week has come and gone...

Last week was a great week exploring
some of the Art's and Entertainment experiences in Kansas city.


Tuesday Nathan and I 
went to a Counting Crows concert at the local Starlight theatre.


It is a great outdoor venue!
So pretty, clean, and organized.
I don't think you could have a really bad seat... 
Last minute we bought the least expensive tickets we could
 and our seats were great!


Friday 
we joined the "First Friday's" Festivities 
in the Crossroads district, downtown KC.

Every first friday of the month
 local art galleries open their doors for the evening
Plus there is live music and entertainment throughout the streets.

The Streets were filled with people!
The crossroads is an old KC neighbourhood, 
Lots of industrial buildings now turned into fashionable lofts and gallery's.

Side note: 
There is SO much brick in downtown KC...
It ALWAYS makes me think the developers must have read
  'The Three Little Pigs'
(we are in tornado valley after all)

We will definitely be back next "first friday"

Since it was a long weekend in Canada
Many of our Canadian friends had visitors, 
so we enjoyed festive gatherings and ended our 
week-end adventures with a 
BBQ picnic in the park
Michelle, Devon, Nathan

Other than that...
Nathan has been busy with his clinical rotations
and

I have been organizing my/ our next adventures:

At the end of the month 
I am heading to the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon 
for orientation into their Nurse Practitioner program.
But the really exciting part is that
 on my way 
I am stopping to visit my friends Anne and Joel in Winnipeg!

And 
on my way back 
Nathan is meeting me in Denver, Colorado!
We are spending the long weekend in the Mountains!

I am also continuing to make very slow, painful, but steady progress on my paperwork 
to maybe, eventually, get a job in this country...
Slow and steady wins the race right?

All for now!


1 comment:

  1. Finally getting caught up on the blog since we just got back. Cannot wait for next weekend!

    ReplyDelete