Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kansas city and the St.Onge Family


Well, 
I am back in
Kansas city!

Downtown Kansas City
And
It is HOT, HOT, HOT!
(about 40 degress C every day)

My first few days back in the Mid-West
have been filled with exploring, sightseeing, and shopping. 
As Nathan's parents were here for a visit.

Here is a quick look at our adventures:

We walked and shopped on the country club plaza:

Nathan and I with Cathy
Nathan and his parents Cathy and Mike
Walking on the Plaza
Cooling down by one of the city's many fountains
 We also explored downtown KC:

I finally got to see the Community Bookshelf!
These beautiful big books 
make up one wall of the downtown library's parking garage:



I heart Charlotte's Web!

It is the nicest most inspired parking garage I've ever seen!

We explored Union Station
A beautiful old train station:

Fun Fact: It was 10 years ago this week(ish)
Nathan and I met on a train :)





Captivated my model trains inside Union Station
And 
when you travel with a retired RCMP 
you can be sure to hunt down
a few criminals:

We visited historic sites related to Jessie James.

Jessie James was an infamous bank and train robber around the civil war period.
An icon of the wild west.

A sight of a bank heist by the Jessie James Gang
Liberty, Missouri
The Jessie James Farmhouse and Museum
 It was "Mikes" day
So we also explored the National World War I museum 
It is a beautiful building and offers a very interesting  history lesson.

Plus the location of the museum and the Liberty tower 
provide amazing views of Downtown Kansas city.

National World War I Museum
Even without going up the tower
(which is included in the museum fee)
you can see great views just by visiting the outside of the building!

Cathy and I
Cathy and Mike On top of the Liberty tower
View from the liberty tower
To complete their tour of Kansas city and the Mid-West
We topped off their visit with some infamous Kansas city BBQ


Getting hungry waiting in line at Oklahoma Joe's
We hope they had a fantastic time,
We sure did!

3 comments:

  1. Angela, you make me want to go back to KC. I have been there many times but you have seen much more than I every have. I hope that you and Nathan are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally! You will have to come back! I can be your tour guide... by then I will be really efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally,
    Angela's right, you must get back to KC! :-)
    Love from the road,
    VisitMO

    Find your next trip on VisitMO.com.

    ReplyDelete